- New for 2014, we've improved the best in class price / performance to implement changes you've asked for. The new Guardian 22 is shorter, stronger, and quieter. And we didn't change the price.
You could spend hundreds more for another .22 suppressor, but ask your self one question - why? Whether you are looking for outstanding suppression, safety, upgradability, weight, length, longevity, or price, the Guardian 22 has it all.
- The entire serialized registered part (not just a thread insert, like a few of our competitors) is now made of heat treated 17-4 precipitation hardened stainless steel, protecting your investment in case of a catastrophic failure of your silencer.
- A 316 stainless steel tube to handle your most abusive use.
- All baffles are encased K baffles, providing a "tube within a tube" for ease of cleaning and durability.
- The first baffle is stainless steel, with all other baffles constructed from aircraft grade 7075 Aluminum for strength and durability.
- Length and outside diameter have been reduced.
- Sound level reduction is improved over the earlier Guardian 22 model.
- Retail price unchanged at $199.
The Guardian 22 compares favorably to silencers costing two to three times as much on the market today, demonstrating our commitment to provide the best sound suppression possible. The Guardian 22 utilizes encased K baffle technology, a tried and true baffle technology used in the quietest silencers available.
Just because you can take a silencer apart when it's clean doesn't make it user serviceable. How many manufacturers claim to have user serviceable silencers, but when you use it you find out their claims are just that - claims. Their special tools break, don't work, or you didn't buy them because they wanted extra money, on top of the price they charge. Or worse yet, you lose or misplace them.
Even if the tool worked, you can't get the silencer apart to clean it yourself, after as few as a couple hundred rounds fired.
As with all Huntertown Arms silencers, all it takes to disassemble your Guardian 22 is a standard, box end, or crescent wrench, a bench vise, pair of pliers, good strong set of jaws, or any other tool that can grab a standard socket. No special tools are required. Ever.
Guardian 22 baffles are fully encased for superior strength and to prevent lead and carbon buildup between the core and the tube, even after thousands of rounds fired. This provides for quick and easy removal of your Guardian 22 core, without the hassle or need of pushers or other devices to remove it.
With the Guardian 22 full user servicability is a reality. We are so confident you will be able to service the Guardian 22 yourself we offer the only clean silencer guarantee in the industry. If your Guardian 22 gets so dirty you can't clean it yourself, send it back to us and we'll clean it for free. Yes, free. Who else makes such a guarantee? No one. How can we do this? Absolute faith in our product.
Your Guardian 22 can be upgraded at any time to the Guardian 22 SS or Guardian 22 Ti, giving you a path to to most capable rimfire silencer we offer.